Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oven Omellete

I found this recipe on Lynne’s Kitchen Adventures. She posted it a couple of years ago and somehow I had the privilege of finding it.
I instantly thought this would be something I cooked regularly. It has ingredients I always had on hand. It looks amazing and would be great to take to a breakfast or to take someone for a meal. Can you imagine this instead of a bowl of scrambled eggs?
The directions are so simple.
1. Pull out your bar pan (mine is of course pampered chef) and lay parchment paper over it, making sure to cover the short sides with a couple extra inches. Grease the parchment paper.
2. Whisk together 1 cup milk and ¼ cup cornstarch. Add 10 eggs, 1 TBSP mustard (I skipped this part), 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper (oops, skipped this part too); whisk until to combine. Pour into pan, making sure that the parchment lays (or is it lies) down in every corner. Sprinkle meat over top. I used about ¾ cup bacon and ham
3. Bake until edges of omelet are done, 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with 1 and ½ cup cheese; bake2 to4 more minutes or until cheese has melted.
4. As soon as you pull it out, pick up one of the short sides of the parchment paper and begin to roll it as tightly as you can.



Pamela
Tempt my Tummy TuesdaysBeauty and Bedlam

7 comments:

Katie said...

Ooh this looks very good!! I love breakfast options!! yum!

The Nutter Sisters said...

YUM!!!

The Nutter Sisters said...

YUM!!!!!!

Stephanie Nichols said...

That looks DELICIOUS!

Feedingfour said...

This looks really good!

Thanks for sharing at What's Cooking Thursdays!

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

Joyinmykitchen said...

I'm impressed that you can roll that omelet up!

TeganVB said...

That looks delicious! I'm going to have to try that. I bet you could even add veggies too like tomato, spinach, mushrooms, etc. :) Yum!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs