Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Honey Bun Cake

Oh me oh my, this is a good recipe and oh me oh my, it is yummy! It came from an old MOPS cookbook. Have you heard of MOPS? I miss being able to be in MOPS. Okay that is a story for another day. So the recipe is easy.
1 yellow cake mix
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil
8 ounce sour cream
1/3 cup water
½ cup brown sugar
1tsp cinnamon
2/3 pecans (I did not use, if you know where I can buy these without using a year’s paycheck let me know)
GLAZE:
1 cup sifted powder sugar
½ t vanilla
1. Preheat oven (oh man, I just realized I forgot to tell you how to cook something on my other blog) 350 degrees
2. Combine first 5 ingredients
3. In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon
4. Pour half cake batter into pan, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top, repeat
5. Use a small knife and swirl ingredients together.
6. Bake 30-35 minutes
7. Make glaze while cooking and pour on cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.

Pamela

Tempt my Tummy TuesdaysBeauty and BedlamTasty Tuesday

7 comments:

Diana said...

That sounds delicious! My brother and dad would love this--they're big honeybun fans. Thanks for posting it :)

Carolinaheartstrings said...

That looks like a great cake. Cannot wait to try it.

Michellejudy said...

This looks amazing!

Jennifer Bowen said...

Looks delicious! I'll have to make this for my children. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Feedingfour said...

Oh yum! This looks so good! I will be adding this to my list of things to make. I love honeybuns!

I was thrilled to find walnuts and pecans at a bulk bin at a grocery store by my mom's house. It's still really expensive to me to buy a whole pound of nuts, but I can buy just what I need (or want) and not spend the whole amount. I paid just over $1 for about 2 cups of walnuts.

Thanks for sharing at What's Cooking Thursdays!

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

if you have trader joe's grocery stores where you live, they have really good prices for nuts of all types. the pecan pieces they sell for baking are especially affordable

Jocelyn said...

Such a fun and easy recipe. It has been years since I have been to MOPS:-) Thanks for the fun memories your post brought back. I buy chopped pecans at Walmart...I think around $1.50 for the smallest bag.

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs