Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cake Pops





Have you ever heard of The Cake Doctor cook book? I love this book but have not used it in a while. Today I pulled out the book to make cake pops. These are so simple to make.
1 yellow cake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 stick butter
¼ cup honey
2 large eggs
Colored sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Mix all ingredients, it will seem rather thick but that is normal. Mix one minute and scrape down sides and mix another minute
3. Pour sprinkles into bowl.
4. Make round 2 inch balls (do you really need to say round and ball in the same sentence, I used the medium pampered chef scoop)
5. Roll each ball in sprinkles
6. Bake for 8-12 minutes
7. As soon as they are pulled from the oven, push a craft stick right into the middle and let cool off.
These are great for kids. It is days like this that I wish I could have made a cute little bouquet of flowers. In my case I am taking them to church tomorrow. I am thinking of making these cake pops with a chocolate or lemon cake mix
Pamela
I copied the cookbook picture from google images


feed my family friday

4 comments:

Sinfulsouthernsweets said...

What a cute idea!!Love it!

littlebrick ranch said...

CUTE!! This would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - stop by this week and link up!

If you have a sec, feel free to pop over now to enter my GIVEAWAY!

cooking lady said...

These are really great for the little ones and heck for the big ones too. LOL

Farmgirl Paints said...

oh my goodness. i love cake! put it on a stick and heaven:)

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs