Sunday, September 16, 2012

Home made Bread

Recently I purchased my first wheat grinder. Last week my wheat came in. So not I have buckets of wheat. This week I bought a new mixer because my amazing kitchen aid could not handle the weight of my wheat. This week I made bread. Oh so yummy bread. Bread that I have to cut as soon as it comes out of the oven. Bread that my children cannot get enough of. The recipe I use for the bread is the breadbecker recipe. 1-1/2 cups hot water 1/3 cup oil 1/3 cup honey 2 tsp salt 1 egg 2 TBS Lecithin 1 tsp gluten 4-4.5 cups flour, I use half hard red and half hard white 1/2 cup flax seed 1 TBS yeast 1. first mix the honey, water, oil, salt, and egg. Add lecithin, gluten and half of flour and mix. 2. add the rest of the flour and the yeast. I need this for 6-8 minutes. 3. allow to rise in a warm area, Divide dough and shape into pans. Allow to rise a second time. 4. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. This is a yummy recipe. In my new mixer I can easily triple this recipe. I need to learn how to freeze my bread. Although really it does not last long. Pamela

4 comments:

Marybeth Thielke said...

looks so yummy!!

Jen said...

Yum!!!! :)

Stephanie said...

Looks so good! I freeze my homemade bread by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap, then again in aluminum foil. Label and date. I thaw it in the fridge overnight so the condensation doesn't make it soggy. I've never had a problem with this method!

Beckey said...

Mmmm... fresh bread! I love a good hardy, real bread!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs