Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Just some questions

Random thoughts: My hero is coming home soon (by the end of the month) and man is my brain going on over drive. Here are some questions you may be able to help me with. 1. What do I wear? Hmm, I am almost tempted to wear sweat pants. A girl has to be comfortable right? 2. Which children should I take to green ramp? My big kids do not want to go. I do not want to take the little kids. This is where I should tell you. The day I pick up my husband is weird. I will go to one location and after speeches I will see him for no more than 10 minutes. Then he has to leave again and we will pick him up a couple of hours later. So the thought is to bring the kids to friends until the second pick up. The big kids hate to say hi and then leave him. I think the younger kids will not understand why he is leaving again. 3. I have not showed my new hair color to my husband. Should I show it to my blog friends or should I tell my husband what color it is before he arrives. He knows I colored it but nothing else. I want to surprise him. Should I tell you I had virgin (or almost) hair. I had highlights put in 9 years ago and have never done any other color. So this is a HUGE deal. 4. How will my husband handle being home with 6 little blessings attacking him? Will I remember not to over whelm him quickly? 5. Will my husband really work half days for a couple weeks? Should I plan on it and make plans for us or should I remember it is the Army and just roll with it? What do you think? Do you have any answers to these questions? Pamela

3 comments:

Kim said...

1. Wear something that makes you feel pretty but not uncomfortable. Your favorite outfit :)
2. I agree, the littles will have a hard time understanding, I'd save those 10 minutes just for yourself, since you are going to have to take a sideburner for a little while after as the kids all have their time.
3. Suprise! But keep the outfit to something he'd expect to see you in. This I say as the woman who didn't get to send any pics to hubby's first deployment (there was no internet and no reliable mail) and when he got home I was 7 months more pregnant than when he left and he walked right by me :P
4. I would suggest telling him to give you a subtle cue (maybe a sentence or word you pick in advance) he can say when he is feeling overwhelmed around the kids. Then you know to suggest something else for them for a while so he can relax!
5. Can't help you there, hubby is Canadian army so it probably doesn't work the same,
6. (my own) ENJOY! So happy for you :)

Jen said...

I am so happy that your husband will be home very soon! :) Wear something comfortable, nothing too over the top but something you feel beautiful in. :)

Cheryl said...

WooHoo!!! My suggestions, for what they are worth: 1. Wear something that makes you feel good:) Maybe try on a few things you feel good in and ask opinions? 2. Wait til after Green Ramp for the kids. It is easier on everyone. 3. Your blog friends want to see your hair:) Show us and surprise him...lol...4. Code word is a good idea. Agree at Green ramp what the code word is to be and you will know it is a signal to back the chaos of homecoming up a little bit when he is feeling overwhelmed. 5. Nope. Make no plans til block leave. Roll with it:) Big smiles for all of you. So very happy for you!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs