Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The secret I have been keeping

Written July 13, 2012. I am writing this today but will not publish until after my hero has returned home and seen me. I want to surprise him. Can I say this has been a hard secret to keep? I cannot openly talk about it on facebook, can’t post pictures of me on facebook. So I have been keeping a secret from my blogging friends. Well I have told some of you just not publicly. This is a secret I have been keeping since February. You see in February my hero deployed. The next day I decided to give up my beloved Mountain Dew. If you have read my blog very long you know that I have drank mountain dew since middle school. Between mid February until March first I lost 8 pounds. Towards the end of February my friend Kristie invited me to join her and another friend on myfitnesspal.com. I ignored her. Then my friend invited me and again I kind of ignored her. Finally I talked to Kristie and decided I would try it. I had been thinking about trying to lose weight. I told myself I would start after Christmas, promised myself during every deployment that I would lose weight. So March first was the date. I started on myfitnesspal.com . I started with 1800 calories a day. Between March first and May 15 I slowly went down from 1800 calories to 1200. 1200 is really the lowest you can go. I also started walking. First I was walking with a friend before the kids woke up. When that stopped working I started walking with another friend on post. It is great because some weeks we walk twice and some weeks we can walk 5 times. I will keep you updated on how I am doing. I think I will start posting weekly updates. But first I want to give you some before pictures. This is me at 249 size 22. So here are some stats for February and March. February 15-Febuary 28 lost 8 pounds March 15- April 15 weight 241-225 Pamela

2 comments:

Jolene O'Dell said...

You look amazing Pam! We both kept major secrets! Great job! Now for me to lose all my baby weight!

Beckey said...

Congratulations! I can only imagine all the hard work and dedication it has taken!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs