Monday, April 19, 2010

Fried Oreos








Blessed with Grace there was a fair in our town and while I had no desire to spend the money to go I did see a sign for fried oreos and fell in love. I knew I had to make them. The recipe was so simple.
1. freeze oreos
2. make pancake mix
3. heat oil to 375
4. dip oreo in pancake batter
4. fry until brown on both sides
5. sprinkle with powder sugar
6. cool on paper towel
if you have any extra pancake mix then you can just fry it to make funnel cakes

If you have not entered my give away there is still time. Check it out here.

7 comments:

Steph said...

OMG!!! I HAVE to try this. I've had them at the fair before, but now: YUM!!! BTW: What kind of shirt did you use to powder them with? Does it have to be fine enough for the sugar to go through? Thanks!

~Steph
www.consignmentsalequeen.com

laurieepting said...

Oh my mercy, do these look good! Speaking of oreos, I had some oreo cream cheese truffles this weekend...mmmmm.... Thanks for sharing!

trooppetrie said...

hahahaha, too funny, I had to read your comment several times before catching on to what i had done. thanks.

blueviolet said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! Those look scrumptious beyond belief!!!!

Brenda said...

I can't wait to make these for my son. Thanks!

CopMama said...

Seriously, those are INSANE!!! I want one, like NOW! Wow!

smile said...

this is so funny. i just wrote about fried oreos. i sent a link to your site because it is only fair to lead others to this delicious temptation. i thought i had to wait for the fair to come back in town.

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs