Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip


I love making cookies. I love cookbooks even more. I think my favorite cookbooks are church cookbooks. The ones where everyone sends in their favorite recipe.
The other day I wanted oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I went to my MOPS cookbook that is probably 10 years old. I love this cookbook because it has recipes from my favorite people.
These cookies are amazing because they are soft and yummy with a little crunch.
Chocolate chip or Raisin Oatmeal cookies
Pre-heat oven to 350
1.5 cups all purpose flour 1c light brown sugar
1 t salt 1 t vanilla
1 t baking soda 2 eggs
1 c shortening 2 c old fashioned oatmeal
½ c sugar 12 oz choc. Chips or raisins
Combine flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside. Beat together shortening, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs until light and fluffy. Slowly add in flour mixture and oats. Stir in chocolate chips or raisins. Drop by teaspoons onto baking sheet.
bake 8-10 minutes
Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Church cookbooks are the best! So are soft and chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies! Yum!

SweetsLady said...

Oh, yeah! What is not to like? :) YUM!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs