Sunday, April 21, 2013

Who Do Your Children Look Up To

I love our church. It is not a big church and does not have a lot of extras like a big church does. But the one thing the congregation has is love. This Chapel has loved on my family over the last three years. Whenever we had a need they were there. Rather we knew we had the need or not. Sometimes that need was just to be loved and not judged. On Easter Jason was so excited to be able to wear this suit. The suit that had hung in his closet waiting for him to fit for over a year. He could not wait to show the Chaplain. Every Sunday the children are brought up to the front and prayed over. Last Sunday I noticed Jason was touching the other kids instead of praying. This is not typical of him. Then I noticed that this same Chaplain was laying hands on two of the children as he prayed. I do not think he even realized he was doing it. So Jason was doing the same. A couple of weeks ago I was working in the kitchen when the kids asked for a big bowl. There teacher was teaching them about the meaning of foot washing. Only she was not just telling them about it. She was showing them the love of having someone wash your feet. I am so grateful for men and women who are there for my children. Who will walk beside them and encourage them. Who will stand up for them. Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs