Monday, December 6, 2010

Apple butter whoopie pies



I have a new blog I am enjoying. The blog is cookies and cups. A couple of weeks ago she posted a recipe for Apple butter Whoopie Pies. I made them and WOW, my husband said that these are definitely the best ever. I used my friend Melly's homemade apple butter. Then when I ran out of apple butter it dawned on me. I could make these using my homemade pumpkin butter and guess what they were still WOW. This is definitely my favorite cookie of the season. The recipe was really easy to follow.
1/2 cup room temp. butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup apple butter or pumpkin butter in my case
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
2 cups all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350
bake 15 minutes, She recommends using parchment paper and I agree. But mostly because I am lazy and do not want to clean a pan.
The frosting is super easy too.
1/2 c. room temp butter
1 t. cinnamon
3 c. sifted powdered sugar
2 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
Cream butter in mixer until smooth.
Slowly add powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Beat until combined.
Add vanilla and milk.

I highly recommend you head over to Cookies and Cups to get the real recipe, tell her I sent you.
Don't forget there is only a couple of days to enter my first sponsored give away. You can enter right here.





Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays
Photobucket

4 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Oh my gosh yummy!

Melinda said...

I have so many jars of home made apple butter sitting on my shelf that are just crying out to be made into these! Yum!

Juliemogler said...

Hi! Found your blog on Tempt My Tummy Tuesday! Love whoopie pies, I was thinking of making them for Christmas Eve! These look yummy!

Tree a.k.a Mother of Pearl said...

Ooo... those look GOOD!! Gonna have to try this one with the kiddos. Thanks for linking up again for Tasty Tuesday!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs