Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gratitude Tuesday



Sometimes I think it is hard to be grateful during the holidays. We think about all the things we can not get for our family and friends and how busy we are and all we have to do. I encourage you to stop for a moment and make a list of all the things you have to be grateful for.
This week I am grateful that I have healthy family. That I still have a mother who is alive and healthy and in laws that are alive and healthy. When you have lost a parent you understand how precious that is.
I have a warm house to be in and fully stocked pantry, again unless you have ever not had those things it is hard to understand the difference. This year if you are like me and have a over flowing pantry why not take a few minute and go through your pantry and make a food basket for a friend who may need it. I promise if you drop a basket off at your church they will know someone who could use it. This is such a simple thing to do and blesses someone.
I am so grateful for my God who sent his son to die on a cross for me, for the me who screams at her children, who sometimes spouts of to her husband or eats way too much junk food. For me, that still blows my mind.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so grateful too!

(Looking at your sidebar - I cannot believe you have a 14 year old either... no way you look old enough!)

Wish we were doing True Story Tuesday this week! It's on a Christmas vacation since everyone is so busy! But somehow, LIFE doesn't give me a break from those crazy stories! Hope you can link up after Christmas! :)

God Bless you and enjoy Christmas with the Greatest Gift from Him!

Amanda said...

Cant say AMEN enough... wonderful post!!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs