Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oreo Fudge and Potato Candy



I love making fudge but honestly it does not always come out great. When I saw this recipe I had to make it. Of course I doubled it and of course I got distracted and forgot the second bag of white chocolate chips but guess what it still came out amazing.
Cookies and Cream Fudge
2 c sugar
2/3 c evaporated milk
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c butter
2 c white chocolate chips (oops, I only used 1 cup)
1/2 c Oreo cookies, finely crushed (I used generic oreo's, it did not hurt it one bit)
1 c Oreo cookies, crumbled

Line 13x9 pan with foil and butter the foil.

Combine sugar, butter, and milk in medium saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil; stirring constantly. Boil constantly for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in morsels, cream, crushed cookies, and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with crumbled cookes and press down lightly or gently swirl into fudge with knife if desired.

Refrigerate until firm. Lift from pan. Remove foil and cut into pieces. I found this recipe on Lamp unto my feet, you can find the blog by clicking on the link above.


Have you tried the potato candy my mother in law taught me to make. Oh man, if you do not like baking or maybe your oven is full this is a awesome thing to make. So easy and a great way to get rid of those left over mash potatoes.
Acting BalancedThis week we are linking up at The Young Retiree.

6 comments:

SweetsLady said...

Glad you liked it! I made it for 2 CHRISTmas parties and it was a HIT! :0

deborahpucci said...

The fudge sounds awesome, thank you.

Tree a.k.a Mother of Pearl said...

YUM! Oreo cookie fudge! I'll have to try this one! Never had potato candy, but it sounds GOOD! Thanks for linking up for TT this week! :)

Carolee said...

Now this sounds like something I could get addicted to :-)

Check out my 7-layer cookies at: Last Minute Holiday stuff

Have a great day!

actingbalanced said...

ooh, my daughter is going to love this! Thanks for sharing and thanks for linking up at Acting Balanced's Thirsty for Comments

Renee Ann said...

The fudge looks excellent! I'm putting this on my list of recipes to try. You have a great blog and I'm now following. I visited because of the linky list at Acting Balanced. I blog at http://reneeannsmith.com/. Blessings!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs