Sunday, December 12, 2010

Potato candy


Have you ever heard of it? Have you tasted it? If not let me just say I am sorry because you are missing out. I was introduced to potato candy by my mother in law. It is so yummy and so easy and cheap. Oh and the best part, it uses left over mashpotatoes.
Mix 3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon mashed cooked potatoes, 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons butter, 1-3/4 teaspoons milk, 3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar together. Roll out like a pie cinnamon rolls. Then spread
1-2/3 cups peanut butter over it and roll up like cinnamon rolls. Put in fridge and let chill. Then slice and serve and EAT. oh man this is the yummiest thing ever. No baking or heating the house.

10 comments:

Barbie5838 said...

pam i used to make it for you but i guess you forgot love ya anyway god bless

Khourtniey said...

I had never heard of this until I saw you mention it on FB. Im gonna have to try this!!

deborahpucci said...

How can I not try these, they sound so different! Thank you.

Mom2five said...

Potatoe candy has been a family tradion in our family as long as I can remember. I've never known anyone else who made it,so it's nice to know you've enjoyed it to. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Midlife Army Wife said...

I'm going to have to try that!

Debbie said...

I. LOVE. THIS. CANDY. My mom made it when I was growing up and it is SURPRISINGLY yummy!!! Mmmmm

Ava said...

My grandmother and mom have made this my whole life. They never put butter and milk in, just powdered sugar. I might have to try it this way to see if it is a little less sweet. I LOVE potato candy!

wanda stewart said...

Yes...only I use egg whites and powdered sugar beat together ...then roll it out,,looks the same and taste the same...just the way my Mother made it in eastern KY.

Khall1195 said...

this is a different take on the potato candy I've had before (Maine needhams), that pb sounds good in it, I'll have to give it a test spin....

christy said...

i just made this and so far it made a huge mess and looks gross i don't know what i did wrong but hopefully it will look good when its done chilling but i have doubts lol...

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs