Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Amazing Grace

Thankful Thursday is one of my favorite things of the week. I love reminding myself to be grateful. Today we had small group. I am really enjoying small group. If you have been around me you know I LOVE praise and worship music. Tonight we took the time to sing hymns. Oh how it thrills me. This week we sang Amazing Grace it is one of the songs you love no matter how many times you sing it. Read the words and think about them.
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see

T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.

The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
a life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see
Oh, how I could do a year’s worth of blog post on this one. What about the first verse. I was blind but now I see. How awesome is that feeling, that feeling of knowing you are forgiven. That no matter what I did, I am forgiven. Those words are so freeing. What I have to remind myself is that I am forgiven and not to live in guilt with those sins.
I love the last part, when we’ve been there 10 THOUSAND years. That thought gets me through life. When I have been at my lowest and wondered how I would make it through the next hour I think back to that phrase. I remind myself that while I may live a hundred years on this earth I will live forever in heaven. Not a day or a year or even a hundred years but forever in my father’s safety. I want to take the time to think about the songs I am singing. To think about the man who sent his son for me, who has forgiven me for all my transgressions big and small? For that I will never have to repay.
Pamela
***today is the last day to enter my camera strap give away right here.
<;/a>

1 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks for linking up with me.

Amazing Grace is one of those songs that immediately takes me before the throne of God, raising my hands in awe of Him.

I have been studying Isaiah this year with B.S.F. and last week we discussed God unveiling our eyes. It is astounding!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs