Saturday, May 1, 2010

What to do with old breastmilk



When Grace was born I could not hold her or hug her or love her. The only thing I could do was pray and pump. And so I prayed and pumped. I pumped every 2 hours day and night until I lost it one day in the NICU I lost it. From across the NICU a nurse who had talked to me but not been Grace's nurse came over and said, Are you sleeping? I said yes. My husband said yeah except she gets up every 2 hours and pumps. The nurse than said you have a ton of milk stored here. I am sure you have some at home. Go home and sleep. Get up once a night and pump.So I did. I was so grateful for that nurse. Some how these last 8 bags of milk never got used. And by the time I realized this it was too late for her to drink it. I could not bring myself to throw it out. So the week before we moved we defrosted it and let Grace pour it out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs