Monday, March 14, 2011

Giant Cupcake

This week I am going to show you something a little different than a recipe. My husband has asked me for a year to buy a large cupcake pan. I have said no way am I spending $20 on a pan I will rarely use.
I am surprised I have not gotten one for every holiday that has passed. A couple of weeks ago I was in Marshall’s and happen to find one. I picked it up and saw a $5.99 price tag. I decided right then that I would buy it.
I was a little disappointed in the size. I think I assumed it would be the size of a 2 round cakes but it is a little smaller. Not complaining, I just thought it would be bigger. The first one I made was chocolate and chocolate. This time I made one for my husband and used the filler insert. I made a strawberry cake with strawberry filling as the middle. I am really looking forward to decorating it with my 8 and 9 year olds at Heritage Girls this week.
I used one cake mix, half a can of frosting and one box of strawberry pudding; it only used half the box of pudding. We want to try ice cream the next time. Have you used one of these specialty cake pans? I saw one today that looked like a donut. That one looked fun.

Pamela
Tempt my Tummy TuesdaysBeauty and Bedlam




4 comments:

Ott, A said...

Just Stopping by from TMTT. those cupcake cake pans are sooo fun!!! I wanted to invite you to check out my Iron Chef Challenge This month's themed ingredient is canned tomatoes, so link up a recipe using those and you could win a prize. It should be a lot of fun, hope you can join us!!

Tree said...

Now THAT'S a cupcake! LOL Looks delish! Thanks for linking up for Tasty Tuesday this week!

Lark said...

I would like to invite you to join in on a RECIPE LINK PARTY on my blog.

http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/

"Made it on Monday" is a WEEKLY recipe link party. So you can submit as often as you want. **There will be prizes often**

I hope to see some of your recipes soon :)

April Harris said...

Oh my goodness that is just gorgeous! What a fantastic cupcake. I love that you can fill it as well.

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs