Monday, March 7, 2011

True Story Tuesday

If you have read my blog for long you know that I have a fear of the dentist. I mean like I cry and shake sometimes and it is silly. I realized this week that life has encouraged this. First my dentist growing up would ball me out about the shape of my teeth. I remember one day after getting my teeth cleaned my mom and I were walking down a street and she wrapped her arm around my neck. I instantly started screaming like a crazy child. People stopped and starred. A bee had landed on her arm and when she put her arm on my neck it stung me.
A couple of years ago I was in the chair getting my teeth cleaned when my phone kept ringing. The hygienist finally insisted I answered it. It was my sitter saying that a piece of FOUR foot long rebar had come flying through the office window, almost hitting my sons head. The landscaping men were across the street and did not have guards on their machines. My son was fine but we found glass forever. I felt horrible for my sitter. I had no idea how big it was or how big of a deal it was until I got home.
Do you think this could explain why the last time I went to the dentist I was so stressed I had to call my husband and ask how to get there?
Pamela

4 comments:

Katie said...

That is a scary story!! I do not like the dentist at all and was shocked when a few years ago I met someone who LOVES going. I thought they must be insane, lol! Really they must be :)

xoxo
Katie

Rachel said...

Heavens! I would have been terrified about the whole close call with your son! That is amazing that he was okay - he's got some beefy guardian angels!

I can empathize with dental yuckiness lately!

And that is just too funny that I can blame my very first bee sting on my mother too! Thanks for joining in! I had to cringe and laugh at this one!

Jennifer Gilbert said...

I'm your newest follower via the Wedneday blog hop :)

Jennifer Gilbert said...

I'm your newest follower via the Wedneday blog hop :)

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs