Thursday, March 31, 2011

Homeschooling Journal

In my life this week...

It has been quiet, my hero and son have been in the mountains fishing for trout with grandpa.
In our homeschool this week...

Lots of review and lots of relaxing, almost a mini spring break while the boys are not here.
Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We thought we were going to the zoo but it has rained every day. We have honestly stayed home and enjoyed having friends over.

My favorite thing this week was...
Having a friend over and making play dough. Baking for the joy of baking and not out of need. Setting at the dentist talking about JFK and Hitler, cannot imagine what the others in the waiting room thought. The joys of multiple ages.

What's working/not working for us...

Our new chore chart seems to be working. Not taking the time to go back and review basic math and reading has hurt us. We are now taking some time to review before moving on.
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
I love Bob Jones and have used it for many years. Now I am worried it will not be enough to get us into college. I would love to hear from others who have strictly used BJU in high school.
Pamela
The Homeschool Mother's Journal

1 comments:

sara said...

Hi there! I linked over from thehomeschoolchick. I have a Grace who is 10!

Thank you for your service to our nation! Although I live in a navy town, we are not military, but I have seen the difficultires of marriage to men called to serve, and know that they can't serve their best without the support of wonderful women like you!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs