Monday, March 14, 2011

Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Beautiful, warm and I may even see the sunshine again. The sunshine is so healing for me. When summer comes I almost hibernate in fear of being burned but this time of year it gives me energy.
Things that make me happy:
Sunshine, my son saying something to encourage me. Yesterday he told me it was okay to facebook about him. So maybe he is not ashamed of me.
Book I'm reading:
May Bell’s Daughter. She was a friend of a friend when I heard her story. I have had the book for many years but never read it.
What's on my TV today:
The today show. My children are still asleep and I am watching about the devastation in Japan. Oh dear Lord please care for them and show them your love and send people with love to care for your people.


On the menu for dinner:
Brats, My husband got a new grill a week ago and every meal has been on it since. I love his new grill.


On my To Do List:
Homeschooling
Laundry-which honestly seems to be multiplying, haircuts and getting my boys ready for a camp out.
New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I bought a JUMBO muffin pan. It takes an entire cake mix to make the muffin. I want to make it today and fill it with strawberry pudding for my hero.




In the craft basket:
My daughter is learning to crotchet and I want to encourage that. Last night I could not sleep and was having visions of making pajama pants for my girls. I already have the material


Looking forward to this week:
My daughter getting her hair cut, she has been waiting so long. Getting laundry caught up and taking time to relax.
Tips and Tricks:
I use my homemade laundry soap in a spray bottle as stain stick. No buying more products


My favorite blog post this week:



Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
This is not new but I have not been there for a while. Live Above Ministies
No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):






Lesson learned the past few days:
Not to try to run in the rain while carrying a friend’s two year old. And if you are going to run in the rain make sure you pay attention to where you are going so you do not go the wrong way and have to run in the rain even longer.


On my mind:
My baby girl (okay she is really her mom’s baby girl and she is 23). She needs help right now and her mom is having a hard time getting her that help and it breaks my heart for her.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Hebrews 12:4-11 God Disciplines His Children
4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,
“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”[a]
7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Want to connect with other homemakers and see what they are up to? Then head over to Diary of a stay at home mom.
Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs