Friday, March 18, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week...

This week has been crazy busy. Crazy wonderful. This week has been about dental cleaning and hair cuts.

In our homeschool this week...

I spent a lot of time looking into high school curriculum for my son. We know we will be using Bob Jones again. Just trying to figure out what else we need. Electives and labs are stressing me.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

My boys are camping and camping and more camping. They have a boyscout camp out and then come home and go to the mountains for a week, to go trout fishing.


My favorite thing this week was...

Hearing that my older two children did not need a ton of dental work done. I always dislike cleaning day and worrying about how much it will cost me.
What's working/not working for us... Our current chore assignments. I have not been keeping up with them. So I went back to making a list for each child. Hoping this makes it easier.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

Will I do everything I need for high school for my son? Will our garden grow and should I go ahead and work through summer and shorten our school weeks next year.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...



Pamela

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

3 comments:

Chrysalis Academy said...

You sound like me and sometimes I "worry" that I "worry" too much about highschool. :)

Visiting from The Homeschool Mother's Journal.
http://bugs2butterflies.blogspot.com/2011/03/homeschool-mothers-journal_18.html

Mandy said...

Well, I don't have any advice on high school!! HA!! My kiddos are 7 & 2 1/2... I am an AWFUL gardener, so no help there... BUT, I have been wondering myself if I should keep us schooling through summer... maybe a lighter load, but still...

btw, I came over from The Homeschool Chick :) You have a cute blog &beautiful family!! :)

trooppetrie said...

thanks for visiting, I look forward to visiting your blog

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs